Kozmic Blues's Note:
I made this seafood pasta dish for our family's Christams Eve dinner last year. It was a big hit with all the seafood lovers. I saw it made on Jaime Oliver's cooking show, Oliver's Twist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 cup white wine
- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb dried tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 1 1/2 lbs mixed seafood, i used shrimp,scallops,littlenecks,and lobster tails and claws (some other options are mussels, squid, cod, or red mullett)
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Scrub all little neck clams in sink to remove any excess dirt or sand.
- 2I usually rub the shells gently together against each other, or use a vegetable scrub brush.
- 3Peel and devein shrimp.
- 4If using lobster, steam (2) 1-1 ½ lb lobsters until shells just turn red.
- 5The meat will cook finish cooking in the sauce.
- 6Remove tail and claw meat from the shells.
- 7I usually cut tails in half or thirds and leave the claws whole.
- 8In the meantime, soak the saffron in the white wine.
- 9Wine will start to turn reddish orange.
- 10Add a little oil and the garlic to a frying pan, and cook until softened.
- 11Add the clams (and/or mussels if using), shake pan a bit to coat the shellfish with the oil and garlic.
- 12Add the white wine and saffron mixture.
- 13Bring to a boil and cook until the shellfish opens, discard any shellfish that remain closed.
- 14Then, lay the rest of the seafood, parsley, and the cream on top.
- 15Simmer on low for 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 16Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 17Cook the tagliatelle in salted, boiling water until al dente.
- 18Drain and add to the fish, serve scattered with some of the leftover parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tagliatelle with Seafood, and Saffron Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.8
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 177.2 mg
- Sodium 66.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: