Recipe by Karen Pea
This is one my brother cooked us and it was lovely - I think he got it straight from a recipe book but not sure which one.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Quick, easy and delicious, I used basil from the garden and I always tend to have zucchini since it seems to be available all year round (here) and quite inexpensive. Lovely pasta dish for an excellenet midweek suppwer, particularly when I had come home quite late and it was good to put supper on the table in no time at all! Thank you Karen, made for PAC Spring 2013
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 8 -10 small courgettes (baby sized and thinly sliced)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- fresh basil
- 16 ounces tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 90 g parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the olive oil and garlic into a thick bottomed pan and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the courgettes and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, salt pepper and most of the basil.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the tagliatelle in boiling water until al dente.
- Toss with the courgettes in the pan adding most of the parmesan cheese (may need a little extra olive oil to loosen).
- Serve with torn basil and sprinkle with parmesan.