Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one my brother cooked us and it was lovely - I think he got it straight from a recipe book but not sure which one.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 8 -10 small courgettes (baby sized and thinly sliced)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- fresh basil
- 16 ounces tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 90 g parmesan cheese, grated
- Add the olive oil and garlic into a thick bottomed pan and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the courgettes and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, salt pepper and most of the basil.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the tagliatelle in boiling water until al dente.
- Toss with the courgettes in the pan adding most of the parmesan cheese (may need a little extra olive oil to loosen).
- Serve with torn basil and sprinkle with parmesan.
Quick, easy and delicious, I used basil from the garden and I always tend to have zucchini since it seems to be available all year round (here) and quite inexpensive. Lovely pasta dish for an excellenet midweek suppwer, particularly when I had come home quite late and it was good to put supper on the table in no time at all! Thank you Karen, made for PAC Spring 2013
Oh Karen Pea - this is so delicious!! DH and I made it for dinner and had a difficult time not eating all four servings between us. It was simple to prepare yet the flavors were complex and the ingredients worked so well together. DH has already asked me to make it again. Thanks for a winner!!