I found this recipe online. It is taken from the book, Skinny Italian, by Teresa Giudice. This is really good and simple to make. I often sub linguine for the tagliatelle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb tagliatelle pasta noodles or 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces thick-sliced smoked ham, excess fat trimmed off and cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 1 cup peas, either fresh or thawed frozen
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to the package directions until al dente. (Time the pasta so it is done about the same time as the sauce).
- 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add ham and peas and cook, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 3 mins or more. Reduce the heat to very low to keep warm.
- 4Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot.
- 5Add sauce, salt and pepper to pasta. Toss pasta with enough of the pasta water to make a light sauce.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tagliatelle With Ham and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.3
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.2 mg
- Sodium 744.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 17.9 g