Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another from "The Splendid Table" just in time for summer.
- 177.44 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 8 large vine-ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
- 158.51 ml fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 453.59 g tagliatelle pasta noodles or 453.59 g fettuccine
- 295.73 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shaved
- Add the garlic and onion to the vinegar in a glass or pottery bowl (metal taints the flavor) and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta as directed on the box until al dente.
- Add the tomatoes and basil to the vinegar and let stand while pasta cooks to blend flavors (about 10 minutes).
- Drain pasta and toss right away with the tomato mixture.
- Toss with the cheese and serve at once.