Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you can't get fresh tagliatelle, use dried and just cook for longer, alternatively use any pasta you have!
- 3⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed, then chopped
- 1⁄2 red chili pepper
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 9 ounces fresh crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pour the olive oil into a deep, heavy-based frying pan - it should be 1/4in deep in the pan. Heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and whole chili. Allow the garlic and chili to infuse for 3 minutes or so, then remove and discard the chili.
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes, until they start to soften and oil takes on a golden orange hue.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the tagliatelle and cook for 3 minutes until al dente; drain and return to the saucepan.
- Mix the crab with the tomato mixture over a medium heat and cook briefly, stirring gently, until just warmed through. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add the sauce to the tagliatelle and stir off the heat for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, add a squeeze of lemon juice and a little of the parsley and serve at once, topping each portion with a further sprinkling of parsley.