Another one from "The Splendid Table". Great for summer so you can use thoes sweet onions and fresh herbs from your garden. Use any herbs you like. Some suggestions are basil, marjoram, rosemary, sage and thyme or a combination of them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large onions, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 354.88 ml chicken stock or 354.88 ml meat stock
- 453.59 g tagliatelle pasta noodles or 453.59 g fettuccine pasta
- 395.10 ml fresh herbs, roughly chopped
- 158.51 ml heavy cream
- 113.39 g prosciutto di Parma, chopped
- 158.51 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- 2Add the onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir to coat with the oil.
- 3Cover and cook on low heat 25 to 30 minutes or until soft and transparent.
- 4Uncover the pan and raise heat to medium high and cook, stirring often, until the onions become a rich golden brown.
- 5Add garlic and cook for a few minutes longer careful not to burn the garlic.
- 6Add the stock and simmer and scrape the bottom of the pan until reduced by about a quarter.
- 7Cook pasta according to the package directions until al dente and drain.
- 8Add the cream to the sauce and let come to a slow simmer while stirring it inches
- 9Add the prosciutto, salt and pepper and the herbs to the sauce and toss with the pasta.
- 10Toss in the cheese.
- 11Serve with extra cheese at the table if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tagliatelle With Caramelized Onions and Fresh Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 817.6
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 162.4 mg
- Sodium 398.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prosciutto di Parma