Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A pasta recipe I've been wanting to try.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 small chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 -12 ounces tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat 2 tablespoon butter and fry the bacon for 4-5 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, and garlic.
- cover and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato paste, water and bouillon cube, salt, and pepper.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Cook tagiatelle al dente.
- To serve, drain pasta, return to pan, add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and stir until pasta is well coated.
- Add cheese, stir in gently, then transfer to a warm serving dish.
- Pour the hot bacon and tomato sauce on top and serve immediately.
- Storage Tip: The bacon and tomato sauce may be made in advance and store in the refrigerator overnight.