Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tagliatelle Agli Asparagi E Gorgonzola -- This recipe is a flavor powerhouse made with minimum effort. Cooking asparagus in the pasta pot saves one major step. The Gorgonzola would provide plenty of flavor if tossed in uncooked, but tossing it with the pasta and asparagus mellows its pungency and contributes to a subtle, balanced blend of flavors.
- 8 ounces tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola (4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package—except add asparagus 5 minutes before pasta is done.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onions, parsley and garlic in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add pasta, asparagus and cheese to mixture in skillet. Cook about 3 minutes, tossing gently, until cheese is melted and pasta is evenly coated. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Nutritional: 1 Serving: Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 155), Fat 17 g (Saturated 7 g), Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 410 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g (Dietary Fiber 3g), Protein 15g. % Daily Value: Vitamin A 12%, Vitamin C 18%, Calcium 20%, Icon 18%. Diet Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 2 Vegetable, 2-1/2 Fat.