Recipe by ~ Starr ~
Got this recipe from a friend of mine. It's a "pasta" cake! Yummy, you've got to try it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet marsala wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the pasta ingredients to make dough.
- Use a pasta machine to roll each piece to the thinnest setting.
- Cut each sheet into rectangle and let dry for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Use a pasta machine to cut all sheets of dough into tagliatelle.
- Butter a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Grind almonds with sugar in a food processor until fine, but not powdery.
- Mix in the lemon zest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange 1/3 of the pasta on the bottom of the spring form pan to form a layer.
- Sprinkle half the almond mixture on top.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter.
- Pour half of the butter on top of almond mixture.
- Place 1/2 of remaining pasta on top.
- Use all of remaining almond mixture and butter on top.
- Place last layer of pasta on top.
- Pour the Marsala Wine on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.