Recipe by Ilysse
Sinful. Once apon a time I copied a handful of recipes into my computer. Unfortunately I didn't note where the recipe came from. Chances are, I've changed them enough so it doesn't matter, but if I ever find the origional I will edit this and give credit where its due.
- 340.19 g prosciutto, cut into small pieces
- 236.59 ml milk or 236.59 ml cream
- 473.18 ml meat broth or 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 793.78 g canwhole Italian plum tomatoes, drained and broken apart
- salt and pepper
- 453.59 g tagliatelle pasta noodles or 453.59 g fettuccine pasta
- 14.79 ml butter
- 118.29 ml fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Put prosciutto into a medium saucepan and cook over low heat stirring often until fat is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat broth and tomatoes together over medium heat in a separate pot.
- Season prosciutto with pepper. Add milk and bring heat gradually to medium high.Cook 10-15 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Add tomato-broth mixture. Drop heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook pasta as directed on box.
- Toss hot cooked pasta with butter and parmigiano.
- Add the sauce and toss well.