Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sinful. Once apon a time I copied a handful of recipes into my computer. Unfortunately I didn't note where the recipe came from. Chances are, I've changed them enough so it doesn't matter, but if I ever find the origional I will edit this and give credit where its due.
- 3⁄4 lb prosciutto, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream
- 2 cups meat broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) canwhole Italian plum tomatoes, drained and broken apart
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb tagliatelle pasta noodles or 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- Put prosciutto into a medium saucepan and cook over low heat stirring often until fat is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat broth and tomatoes together over medium heat in a separate pot.
- Season prosciutto with pepper. Add milk and bring heat gradually to medium high.Cook 10-15 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Add tomato-broth mixture. Drop heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook pasta as directed on box.
- Toss hot cooked pasta with butter and parmigiano.
- Add the sauce and toss well.