Recipe by Wild Thyme Flour
A Kilogram t-bone is cooked whole, then sliced into pieces and served. You may cook this on a BBQ too, but you'll have to do without the lovely pan juices.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a non stick pan and grease lightly with oil.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- making sure that the pan is fierclt hot, place the steak and cook for 5 minutes per side for a rare steak. Prolong the cooking time by 2-3 minutes extra per side for a medium steak.
- Wrap th esteak in aluminium foil and rest for 5-8 minutes so that it becomes tender.
- In the meantime make a quick gravy by adding 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp honey and 1/2 cup red wine to the pan used for cooking the beef. Scrape the bottom of the pan with awooden spoon to dissolve those delicious cooking juices. Reduce by half and serve as a side sauce with the beef.
- Another sauce you can use instead of the balsamic is, cognac and cream using the pan used for cooking the beef and heating the cream and cognac with the pan juices.
- Remove the steak from the foil and slice into medium thick slices. Serve with potatoes.