Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fantastic, simple dish for steak lovers. It's an Italian dish, as if you couldn't tell by the name, and strikes a perfect equilibrium between different flavors...
- 1 lb top sirloin steak
- 1⁄4 lb parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill.
- If using an outdoor grill, start charcoals and let them burn down about an hour beforehand.
- Mix vinegar and oil.
- Lightly sprinkle steak with vinegar/oil mixture.
- Grill steak for about 4 minutes per side (or more if you don't like rare steak) Shave off about 1/3 of the block of reggiano and toss with arugula.
- Slice steak into 1/2 inch pieces and arrange on plate.
- Add arugula/reggiano salad to plate.
- Drizzle both with remaining vinegar/oil mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Top notch! We really loved the simple and true Italin flavors in this salad. Just have some garlic bread on side.