Recipe by Chef Cindee, CA
This is my variation of a family classic from the 1950's. Perfect for OAMC as it makes a big batch & freezes well. For OAMC I divide it into 3 8" foil pans, cover tightly with foil, & tape a small baggie with 1 C. shredded cheese to the top & label.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning or 2 teaspoons season salt
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 lb medium egg noodles
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large dutch oven, over medium heat, cook ground beef, stirring, until meat loses its pink color.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in Adobo, dry onion, garlic powder, pepper, Italian seasoning & chili powder. Add broth, spaghetti sauce, creamed corn & olives.
- Simmer meat mixture on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water cook noodles until just al dente & drain.
- Combine meat mixture with cooked noodles & pour into an extra large casserole dish (4 quart 10x14").
- Cover with foil & bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove foil & sprinkle cheese over top. Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes to melt cheese.