Recipe by Impera_Magna
Found online and posted so I can find it again, this recipe comes from: http://www.tagines.com/chicken_carrots.cfm
Top Review by Elmotoo
I used twice as much chicken & a can of broth instead of water. I used a 2lb bag of baby carrots. It was easy, required little attention & was delicious!!! I cooked it in my Dutch oven on the stovetop. Made forthe Tagine Treasure Hunt in the NA*ME Forum.
- 4 chicken breasts (or legs and thighs, or a whole chicken cut up)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled & thickly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- squeeze lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken breasts in half.
- Place half the onions, chicken, garlic, ginger, pepper, salt, saffron and olive oil in the bottom of the tagine and mix thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 a cup of water and set on low heat on the stove or 250 F in the oven.
- Bring to a boil and slow simmer for 30 minutes.
- Nicely arrange the remaining onion, carrots, 3 tbsp each of the parsley and cilantro, and then the honey.
- Stir and continue simmering uncovered for 60 minutes more until the liquid is reduced to a thick sauce.
- Stir in a generous squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve hot.