Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Succulent and syrupy just the thing to banish winter blues and transport you to the Moroccan shouks. Provides two of your five a day.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 25 -30 white pearl onions, blanched and peeled
- 900 g sweet potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 3 carrots, peeled and chunked
- 150 g ready to eat prunes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- 450 ml vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- Heat oven to 200C / 400°F.
- Place olive oil and butter in a frying pan ar top safe casserole dish and heat.
- Cook onions for 5 minutes, remove half and set aside.
- Add potatoes and carrots, cook until lightly browned.
- Add prunes, cinnamon, ginger and honey. add stock and season if desired.
- Transfer to a lidded casserole dish (if not already using one). Cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Stir in reserved onions and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir through fresh herbs and serve with lots of cous cous or crusty bread.