1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 10 mins
One of my favourite conbinations-meat and fruit. You can use dates instead of prunes, and pears instead of quinces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the lamb, and one of the onions in a heavy based pan.
- 2Season to taste with pepper and paprika, and cover with water.
- 3Add the coriander, saffron, and ginger and bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 1 hour or until the lamb is tender.
- 5Cut the quinces into roughly the same size as the meat, and cook them and the second onion in the butter until they are lightly golden.
- 6Halfway through the cooking time for the lamb, add the cooked onions, quinces and prunes.
- 7Serve when the lamb is tender,.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tagine of Lamb with Quinces
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.8
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 141.3 mg
- Sodium 164.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: