1/1 Photo of Tagine of Chicken & Sweet Potato
Chef #573036's Note:
This is a great comfort meal that freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and fry until soft then add garlic and ginger and continue to fry until light and golden. Add the Ras el Hanout and cook for about thirty seconds, or until fragrant.
- 2Add a little salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and the chicken. Brown slightly. Add the sweet potatoes and cover with water. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, then cover and leave to simmer until the chicken is tender and the potato is half cooked (approx 20 mins).
- 3Simmer uncovered until the sauce is reduced by half or until a consistency to your liking. If the sauce is too runny, increase heat to high and boil uncovered until it reduce. You will need to stir regularly.
- 4Carefully stir in honey, making sure you don't mash up the potatoes. Leave to bubble uncovered for a few more minutes. Taste and season as desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tagine of Chicken & Sweet Potato
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.7
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 140.0 mg
- Sodium 182.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ras el hanout spice mix