Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a great comfort meal that freezes well.
Make and share this Tagine of Chicken & Sweet Potato recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg chicken thigh
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch gingerroot, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 teaspoons olive oil
- 600 g sweet potatoes, cut into 3cm chunks
- 3 tablespoons honey
- basmati rice
- Greek yogurt
- salt & pepper
- lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and fry until soft then add garlic and ginger and continue to fry until light and golden. Add the Ras el Hanout and cook for about thirty seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add a little salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and the chicken. Brown slightly. Add the sweet potatoes and cover with water. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, then cover and leave to simmer until the chicken is tender and the potato is half cooked (approx 20 mins).
- Simmer uncovered until the sauce is reduced by half or until a consistency to your liking. If the sauce is too runny, increase heat to high and boil uncovered until it reduce. You will need to stir regularly.
- Carefully stir in honey, making sure you don't mash up the potatoes. Leave to bubble uncovered for a few more minutes. Taste and season as desired.
YUMM! We all swooned over this dish!! A super easy, flavorful, 1 pot dinner. Made for PAC fall '07.
DH and I LOVED this, very unexpected flavors that blended so well. I made this in my tangine and it turned out wonderful. Went together pretty easy, I did cut the recipe in half as there are only 2 of us and we still have plenty left over for later. As well as lemon juice I added a few slices of Preserved Lemons and that seemed to add a little extra tang that we like. My picture came out waaaay to blurry, but will try and get another next time. Made for Let's Party - 2010