Recipe by Rita~
TAGINE SEASONING is an order that should be done to get optimum flavor from your recipes. You really MUST season when you first get a new tagine. For maximum results this is the way to go.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
I'm not sure how one reviews this but I was thrilled to have some handling instructions. My tagine was a gift from a colleague, a Morrocan native. Followed the directions as presented. Funny hearing the oil sizzle as the pot baked. After baking, it was definitely a bit darker and had a bit of a sheen but no oiliness. Will follow the directions for treating it as well. Thanks Rita!
Directions See How It's Made
- TAGINE SEASONING:.
- The new tagine needs to be first submerged in water for at least 1 hour.
- Rub the inside of the base and lid with olive oil.
- Put into a cold oven and set temperature at 350 F and leave for 2 hours.
- This process will strengthen your tagine and insure addition of a distinct flavor that tagine lovers will enjoy in every use.
- TAGINE CLEANING:.
- It is recommended that you hand wash your tagine. Do not leave submerged in soapy water.