Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 3 cups rice
- 5 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- lamb (optional) or chicken (optional)
- Wash the rice several times, and keep it in water for about ½ an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven, very high 500.
- Your oven may be less powerful.
- Therefore, it may take more time to cook.
- Grease a large (TALL because milk rise) oven pot with butter and put the remaining 4 OZ.
- (1 and 1/2 sticks) of butter in the pot.
- Then, put the pot in the hot oven until the all the butter is melted.
- Drain the water from the rice.
- Add one small spoon of Salt and 1/4 spoon of Pepper to the rice, and mix well.
- Put the rice in the oven pot and cover it with five cups of milk.
- The heat should be about 500, cook for fifteen minutes or until it start boiling.
- Reduce the heat to 300 for another 25 minutes or more.
- Check the rice with a knife every 5 minutes.
- If the knife contain rice, leave it for another 5 or 10 more minutes.
- Keep checking every 5 minutes until it is cooked and its face becomes brown.
- Optional: Boil for a few minutes, small pieces of Lam Meat OR Chicken, and add them to rice before you start cooking it.
- Can be eaten hot or cold.
- It tastes better to heat it before you eat it with tomato and cucumber salad.