Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is a quick and easy recipe starting out with a cake mix. I take it to a lot of potlucks because it travels well. The "frosting" bakes along with the cake.
Top Review by DancesInGarden
I did not use the nuts, but other than that followed the recipe, right down to the swiss chocolate cake mix. It was not "rocky roady" at all - the marshmallows sort of disappear. It was rich, almost like a brownie but lighter in texture. The 'frosting' added a nice contrasting texture and it did travel well. Easy to make, tasted good, and there were no leftovers. Would be perfect served slightly warm with vanilla ice cream!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) swiss chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped (or you can use walnuts if you prefer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake mix according to directions using the 3 eggs, oil and water.
- After the mix is well blended, stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallows inches.
- Spread the prepared batter into a 13 X 9 inch baking pan which has been lightly sprayed with non-stick coating.
- Over the batter, pour the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and nuts evenly on top of the butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- COOL AT LEAST 30 minutes BEFORE serving!