Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
I wish I had this recipe when my daughter was small, as it is easy and would be fun to make with a child. This recipe also comes from Thru the Grapevine from the Junior League of Elmira. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 (12 ounce) packages chocolate pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup peppermint candy, crushed
- Combine milk, sugar, molasses and salt in large pan.
- Bring to a boil; boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in marshmallows, chocolate pieces and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth and ingredients melted.
- Pour into buttered 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Let stand until top becomes set.
- Sprinkle crushed candy over surface of fudge.
- Chill until firm.
- To serve, cut into squares.
- Keep fudge chilled or fudge will become soft.