Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
When was the last time you had a taffy apple? Tis the season....
Make and share this Taffy Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Grease a cookie sheet liberaly with butter.
- Push stick or skewers into apples.
- In a large heavy sauce pan combine sugar and water.
- Cook over low heat and stir continuously until sugar dissloves.
- Add cream of tartar, butter, vinegar, and cream and cook stirring constantly, until mixture reaches soft crack stage or 290 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Dip each apple into mixture and coat, then place on cookie sheet.
- Allow taffy to cool completely before serving.
- May package with colorful plastic wrap and ribbon.