Recipe by senseicheryl
Here is another Pampered Chef recipe that I received from my consultant today via email. Nutrients per serving: Light: Calories 110, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 75 mg, Fiber 0 g
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup butterscotch caramel sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts, softened according to package directions (2 crusts)
- 12 caramels, unwrapped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Chop peanuts using Food Chopper; set aside for later use.
- Cut peeled apples lengthwise into quarters using Utility Knife. Lay each quarter cut side down; angle knife, cut out and discard core. Coarsely chop apples with Food Chopper. Combine apples, 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce and flour in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Microwave on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until bubbling and thickened; stir and set aside.
- Meanwhile, unroll one pie crust onto lightly floured Cutting Board. Spacing closely together, cut 12 disks from crust using outer tube of Measure-All® Cup (nine around outside edge and three in center). Press disks into wells of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan using Mini-Tart Shaper, ruffling edges. Repeat with remaining crust.
- Cut caramels in half using Utility Knife; place one piece into each tart shell. Spoon apple mixture evenly into tart shells; sprinkle with peanuts. Bake 14-16 minutes or until edges of tartlets are golden brown. Remove tartlets from pan to Stackable Cooling Rack. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup caramel sauce. Serve warm.
- Cook's Tip: To easily drizzle caramel sauce over tartlets, place resealable plastic bag into Measure-All® Cup. Pour caramel into corner of bag. Twist top of bag; secure with Twixit! Clip. Cut corner off tip of bag to allow caramel to flow through.