Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so yummy! My mom got me hooked on this and would make it for me for my birthday dinner evrey year. It takes a little extra prep time but is sooo worth it!
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (save juice!)
- 4 cups cored and cubed Red Delicious apples, unpeeled (1 lb.)
- 1 cup salted peanuts (not spanish)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed
- Combine flour and sugar; mix well.
- Beat egg and add to flour/sugar; combine.
- Add vinegar and pineapple juice.
- Cook in small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir (almost constantly) and cook until thick.
- Cool completely.
- Pour cooled dressing over pineapple, apples and peanuts.
- Stir in cool whip.
Omg this is the best. my mom and I just made it and it is easy and delicious.My mom lost her recipe so we couldn't make it.Thanks so much for sharing!!
Going through my recipes and trying to consolidate. This is very similar to my recipe, but I add 2 cups of miniature marshmallows to this when I add the cool whip. It is very popular.
This is the recipe I have been looking for. It is absolutley the perfect dish to bring to a potluck, thanks so much for sharing.