Recipe by PuglyDuckling
This is so yummy! My mom got me hooked on this and would make it for me for my birthday dinner evrey year. It takes a little extra prep time but is sooo worth it!
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (save juice!)
- 4 cups cored and cubed Red Delicious apples, unpeeled (1 lb.)
- 1 cup salted peanuts (not spanish)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and sugar; mix well.
- Beat egg and add to flour/sugar; combine.
- Add vinegar and pineapple juice.
- Cook in small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir (almost constantly) and cook until thick.
- Cool completely.
- Pour cooled dressing over pineapple, apples and peanuts.
- Stir in cool whip.