Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This really does taste like you are eating a taffy apple. Making it the night before allows the marshmallows to soften.
- 4 tart apples (gala, macintosh, granny smith)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Core apples and chop in chunks.
- Mix cool whip with dry pudding and pineapple with juice until well blended.
- Stir in apples, marshmallows and peanuts.
- Refridgerate at least 2 hours or over night.
- Garnish with apple slices, shaped into a flower, cut side down so they don't discolor.
Let me add my kudos, chilepepper. This was absolutely delicious. I've made it twice, already, and will make it again real soon. I did make a mistake the second time and used 12 oz of Cool Whip and lost the tast of the pudding. Won't do that again!
Very easy to make, I used walnuts instead of peanuts. Makes a big bowl. Be great for potlucks.
This is a good quick recipe. I preferred to put the marshmallows and peanuts in right before serving. It made more than I expected..use a large mixing bowl.