Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a gal I used to teach with. It is a little time consuming to make as it must sit in the fridge over night but it is worth the effort and time involved.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped peanuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups apples (peeled and chopped)
- Drain pineapple (reserve juice).
- Combine sugar, pineapple juice, flour, egg and vinegar.
- Cook until thick using a wire whisk to stir.
- Cool slightly and combine with pineapple and marshmallows.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Combine pineapple mixture with Cool Whip, apples and nuts.
- Chill and enjoy!
- It really does taste like a taffy apple!
Very tasty! I sometimes add more apples since the recipe makes so much of the rich sauce.
I love this recipe. I add some sliced marachino cherries for color and texture.
I love this recipe, my local grocery store used to make it in their deli but hasn't for years and I've always wanted to make it myself. It is so yummy!