1 hr 5 mins
Oooeey, gooey--kids love it. Prep time includes minimal time for chilling dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 beaten egg
- 6 -7 cups apples, cored and cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1 cup peanuts (I prefer dry roasted)
- 1Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together pineapple chunks and marshmallows; cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- 3For dressing, in a small saucepan stir together sugar, flour, reserved pineapple juice, vinegar and egg.
- 4Cook and stir over medium heat, just until mixture bubbles.
- 5Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- 6Transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
- 7Cover and chill.
- 8To serve, combine chilled dressing, apples, Cool Whip, cherries, peanuts and marshmallow mixture.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taffy Apple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.9
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 25.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 48.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g