Recipe by Sharlene~W
Oooeey, gooey--kids love it. Prep time includes minimal time for chilling dressing.
Top Review by LAURIE
Sharlene~W, I made this last nite and it is gone less than 24 hours later! Great recipe, tasted just like the real thing! I did leave the cherries out though cause I was looking for "authentic" but just the same, superb! TY
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 beaten egg
- 6 -7 cups apples, cored and cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1 cup peanuts (I prefer dry roasted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- In a large bowl, stir together pineapple chunks and marshmallows; cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- For dressing, in a small saucepan stir together sugar, flour, reserved pineapple juice, vinegar and egg.
- Cook and stir over medium heat, just until mixture bubbles.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
- Cover and chill.
- To serve, combine chilled dressing, apples, Cool Whip, cherries, peanuts and marshmallow mixture.