Recipe by Rubies
My Sis-in-law's recipe. Very, very yummy! Time to make includes an hour to chill the sauce in the refrigerator.
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 egg
- 3 cups apples, diced (or more)
- 1 cup peanuts (to taste, so may need 2 cups)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (or less, to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- In saucepan, combine pineapple juice, flour, sugar, egg & vinegar.
- Cook until slightly thickened.
- Refrigerate until cool, about an hour.
- Mix pineapple, marshmallows, apples and peanuts together.
- When juice mixture is cooled, combine with cool whip and apple mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining peanuts.