Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
"A sweet, crunchy, almost candy-like apple salad. For added flavor, use 2 green apples (granny smith) and 2 red apples!"
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar (can also use Splenda)
- 2 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 4 apples, cored and chopped
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts (can also use honey roasted peanuts)
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the flour, sugar, tapioca, vinegar, and the reserved pineapple juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Remove from heat and chill.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, apples, peanuts, and chilled tapioca mixture. Fold in the whipped topping and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.