Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Berry Good Church Book
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple tidbits or 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple, crushed
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanuts, cocktail
- 4 cups apples, diced
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- This takes two days to prepare.
- First day:
- Drain the pineapple and reserve the juice. Combine the pineapple with the marshmallows.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cook and stir the pineapple juice, sugar, vinegar, flour, and well beaten egg until thick.
- Refrigerate mixture.
- Second day: Mix cocktail peanuts and diced apples.
- Add to the two mixtures from the first day.
- Add Cool Whip.
Was happy to see this recipe. Been making this for years now. We call it Candy Apple Salad, but it's exactly the same.