Recipe by litldarlin
This is a recipe that was given to me and it is alittle different version of the one I make. The caramel ice cream topping makes it mouth watering. Even if this one is aready posted, I still wanted to try and post it so I could have a copy of it for my records.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 10 caramels
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 apples, cored & sliced
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unwrap and cut caramel candy in half.
- In a large bowl, mix candy with flour.
- Stir in apples, ice cream topping, and lemon juice.
- Pour filling into pie crust and sprinkle with chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Place in oven on a sheet of foil to catch the drips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.