1 hr 30 mins
This pie combines the unbeatable and fabulous flavors of caramel apples and cheesecake. Published in TOH, credit for this creation is given to Leona Rothbauer from Bloomer, Wisconsin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 21 caramels
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shells (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, chopped
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1In a large skillet, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar and butter. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add apples. Cook, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally; drain and set aside.
- 3In a large heavy saucepan, combine caramels and cream; cook over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining brown sugar until fluffy.
- 5Beat in the egg, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice until smooth.
- 6Stir half of caramel mixture into apples. Pour into pastry shell.
- 7Combine pecans and chocolate chips; set aside 2 tablespoons for topping.
- 8Sprinkle remaining pecan mixture over apples.
- 9Fold remaining caramel mixture into cream cheese mixture. Spread over pecan mixture.
- 10Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- 11Remove foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is set.
- 12Cool on a wire rack.
- 13Chill for 30 minutes.
- 14Combine whipped topping and remaining pumpkin pie spice; spread over pie just before serving.
- 15Sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture. Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taffy Apple Cheesecake Pie
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.1
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.5 mg
- Sodium 336.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 48.1 g
- Protein 7.8 g