Recipe by LAURIE
Cookies that taste like little caramel apple cakes. Cook time is for each cookie sheet. Ready Set Cook entry that kids will like lots!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Mmmmmmmm! Really a mouthful of temptation is what these cakies are all about! I had one tiny bite and I knew that tomorrow I'll have to work-out extra on my treadmill because I would have the rest of the cakie after dinner;) - That's if any remains till then. I have a huge gang of friends' coming home for dinner and I can bet you they will wollop these within minutes. I am a non-cheese eater, but after eating this cakie, I can understand why people get addicted to cheese;) With wonderful chefs like yourself to give such amazing recipes, who ca resist cooking these up and having a feast? Thank You, indeed, for a great dessert that I just loved dipped in the caramel sauce. Mmmmmm, I should go get another one little cakie! :) All the best for the contest!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 medium apple, diced fine to about 1 cup
- 1 (7 ounce) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix apples with brown sugar and set aside.
- Beat white sugar and margarine til creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla til mixed.
- Stir in the apples/brown sugar mixture by hand.
- Gently stir in the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Stir in cheese.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons on ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake about 12 minutes until bottoms are browned, not the tops.
- Cool on a rack.
- In small saucepan over low heat combine caramels and milk.
- Cook stirring constantly until melted.
- Immediately drizzle caramel mixture over tops of each cookie and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.