Recipe by alison9708
My husband and I LOVE these. We actually have been making them almost every Saturday night for dinner for about 3 years! They are simple, quick and so good. :) Because they are so simple you can do almost anything to make them your very own too. To make them spicy, because these aren't, you could add whatever you like; jalapenos, a couple of chipotle chilis, or even just some spicy taco seasoning to the beef!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups cooking oil (amount depends on size of pan you use)
- 12 soft corn tortillas
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- lettuce, shredded
- olive, sliced
- pico de gallo (chopped tomato, chopped onion, chopped cilantro and a dash of lime juice.)
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the hamburger and heat up the refried beans. Set aside.
- In a small to medium pan heat up some cooking oil at medium heat, which takes about 10 minutes. (Use enough oil to cover one side of the taco shell when folded in half.).
- Using tongs dip half of a taco shell in the oil, it should start to bubble around it.
- Fold shell over, to look like a taco, and cook in the oil for about a minute on each side, or until desired firmness. The longer it sits in the oil the harder it will get. Place cooked shells on some paper towels.
- Fill shells with beef, beans and desired toppings.