Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have not tried this recipe, but it was recommended by a friend. She tried it from my Delmonte cook book. Appears to be simple and good.
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers (Delmonte)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped toasted almond
- 6 flour tortillas
- lettuce (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Over medium-high heat, brown pork, onion and spices.
- Salt and pepper if desired.
- Add tomatoes and raisins.
- Cook covered about 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook an additional 5 minutes or until thickened, stir occasionally.
- Add almonds just before serving.
- Spoon mixture over tortillas and roll.
- Garnish with lettuce, cilantro and sour cream if desired.
Very tasty! cannot omit the garlic in many recipes so I added in 2 tablespoons into the pork, along with 2 large jalapeno peppers, I also increased the spices, we enjoyed these Bobtail! thanks hon...Kitten:)