Recipe by Dancer^
A yummy recipe, takes a little work but not too much, makes a nice weekday dinner. Points 3.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno chile, seeds and veins discarded, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisin
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 -2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover pork with water in medium saucepan; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until pork is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain; cool pork slightly and shred into small pieces.
- Spray medium skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Saute onion, garlic, and jalapeno chili until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add pork, tomatoes, raisins, almonds, vinegar, cinnamon, cloves, oregano, and allspice; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until pork is hot through and mixture is dry, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture on each tortilla and fold in half to make tacos.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Saute tacos until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes on each side.