Recipe by Denise in NH
I have been making this recipe for years and was always a favorite of my boys.
Top Review by anngie mattox
This was very good and easy. The hardest thing was just stuffing the shells. I added extra cream cheese with chives...the entire 8oz package. It was very good and creamy. This doesn't reheat in the microwave great though. Make sure it all gets ate the first night.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese with chives, cubed and softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 18 jumbo pasta shells, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup prepared taco sauce
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat may be used)
- 3 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef in large skillet over medium/high heat until brown, stirring to separate meat.
- Drain fat.
- Reduce heat to medium/low.
- Add cream cheese, salt and chili powder.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Toss shells with melted butter; fill with beef mixture.
- Arrange shells in a 13x9 pan that has been sprayed with a cooking spray such as Pam.
- Pour taco sauce over each shell.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated 350 degree oven 15 minutes.
- Uncover and top with Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and chips.
- Bake 15 minutes more or until bubbly.
- Top with sour cream, green onions, lettuce, tomatoes and sliced black olives.
- Serve with a green salad, crusty bread and your choice of wine.