Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very tasty dish, and a kid pleaser!
Make and share this Tacos in Pasta Shells recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese with chives, cubed and softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 18 jumbo pasta shells, cooked,rinsed,and drained
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 cup prepared taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- chopped green onion (optional)
- Brown beef, stirring to break meat up.
- Drain fat.
- Over medium-low heat, add cream cheese, salt, and chili powder.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Toss cooked shells with butter.
- Fill with beef mixture.
- Arrange shells in buttered 13x9 inch pan.
- Pour taco sauce over each shell.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, top with cheeses and chips.
- Bake 15 minutes more or until bubbly.
- Top each shell with sour cream and green onion.
I have been making this recipe for a few years, and I absolutely love it! It's something new and different, and it's delicious!
I really enjoyed this dish, it was a nice change from all my other taco casseroles and stuff. I used 1 1/4 lb. ground turkey since it was on sale, didnt miss the beef at all. I have a young baby so shells would have been too time consuming for me so I used the lasagne noodles that you dont have to cook first. I added a 30 ounce can of black beans to the meat mixture because they are healthy and stretch the meal even further. I did double the cream cheese and spices since adding the beans. I also spiced the meat up a little by adding in some cumin, (a fav of mine) cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder. I used the la victoria taco sauce also. (the whole jar) The lasagne noodles turned out perfect and didnt need the butter since they werent even cooked yet. I just put a little of the taco sauce down on the bottom of the pan before layering the ingredients. This turned out great and we will be eating it again. Thanks!!!
This has been one of our family favorites for a long time! I've even played with it and turned it into a lasagna. Mmm, think I'll have to make this one for dinner tonight!