Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from an email. But I add hot peppers to it as well.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 18 large pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add cream cheese, salt and chili powder; mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Toss cooked shells in butter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Fill shells with beef mixture and arrange in a 9x13 inch baking dish; pour taco sauce over shells. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and top with Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and tortilla chips; return dish to oven to cook for 15 minutes more.
- Top with sour cream and onions; serve.