1/2 Photos of Tacos in No Time
For more variety chicken, steak or shredded beef can be substituted for the ground beef or scrambled eggs and fried potatoes can be substitued for the meat & the beans omitted to make breakfast tacos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 29.58 ml instant minced onion
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 6 corn tortillas or 6 taco shells or 6 flour tortillas
- 118.29 ml refried beans
- 59.14 ml black olives, chopped
- 118.29-177.44 ml lettuce, shredded
- 118.29 ml low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded or 118.29 ml swiss cheese or 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese or 118.29 ml monterey jack pepper cheese
- hot sauce or salsa or taco sauce, to taste
- 1In an 8" skillet, over medium high heat, cook and stir meat until brown (5 minutes), then drain off the fat.
- 2Stir in tomato sauce, onion, garlic salt, chili powder, and pepper, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 3While meat simmers, heat taco shells as directed on the package.
- 4Fill taco shells with meat, and top each with lettuce, cheese and any other desired toppings.
- 5Serve with sauce.
- 6To make hot sauce: Mix 1/3 cup chili sauce & 1/4 tsp red pepper sauce or 1 tsp minced hot chili pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tacos in No Time
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.7
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.0 mg
- Sodium 1224.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 37.8 g