Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
For more variety chicken, steak or shredded beef can be substituted for the ground beef or scrambled eggs and fried potatoes can be substitued for the meat & the beans omitted to make breakfast tacos.
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 29.58 ml instant minced onion
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 6 corn tortillas or 6 taco shells or 6 flour tortillas
- 118.29 ml refried beans
- 59.14 ml black olives, chopped
- 118.29-177.44 ml lettuce, shredded
- 118.29 ml low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded or 118.29 ml swiss cheese or 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese or 118.29 ml monterey jack pepper cheese
- hot sauce or salsa or taco sauce, to taste
- In an 8" skillet, over medium high heat, cook and stir meat until brown (5 minutes), then drain off the fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, onion, garlic salt, chili powder, and pepper, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- While meat simmers, heat taco shells as directed on the package.
- Fill taco shells with meat, and top each with lettuce, cheese and any other desired toppings.
- Serve with sauce.
- To make hot sauce: Mix 1/3 cup chili sauce & 1/4 tsp red pepper sauce or 1 tsp minced hot chili pepper.
Fast, delicious, and made with things I usually have on hand. I was out of lettuce but added red onion- Yum!
I made this for my DH2B for dinner tonight and he wolfed them down. They are a 5 for quick and easy!! Thanks littleturtle. *Zaar World Tour 3*