Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a quick one-dish meal. You can serve it as a dip with tortilla chips or as a filling for tacos or burritos. I substitute green onions for the green pepper. It is from Quick Cooking magazine and is credited to Tina Schaubroeck.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (4 ounces)
- tortilla chips or taco shell
- shredded lettuce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the beans, chilies and garlic powder; heat through.
- Combine the sour cream, cumin and chili powder; spread over the beef mixture.
- Top with tomato, olives and green pepper.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips or taco shells, lettuce and salsa.