1/1 Photo of Tacos in a Bag (Or Taco Salad in a Bag)
Not really a 'recipe', just a way to serve them when you have a lots of kids over, and most important NO MESS to clean up. My DS's and their cousins really had fun with this, and they could layer whatever they wanted. I'm giving just an estimated quantity and serving is for 1 person. To free up your time buy presliced vegetables from the local salad bar in your supermarket, just place them individually in the plastic produce bag and place in salad bar container to keep ingredients apart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup corn chips or 1 cup plain Doritos or 1 cup tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup taco meat
- 3 tablespoons shredded taco cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped bell peppers, whatever type you prefer
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon sliced green olives
- 1/3 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1Heat leftover taco meat in microwave.
- 2Have the kids help you carry the rest of the ingredients outside to the picnic table (you carry the meat).
- 3Hand each child a plastic sandwich bag and pour the corn chips in the bag.
- 4Have each child gently crush the chips, not roughly or else they'll poke holes in the bags.
- 5Have each child walk around the table to layer their own ingredients in the bag, pass each child a fork and dig in!.
- 6Simply toss out the bag when they are done.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tacos in a Bag (Or Taco Salad in a Bag)
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.5
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 507.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: