Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Healthy, inexpensive, easy to prepare.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs 95% lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced vidalia onions or 1 1⁄2 cups yellow sweet onions
- 1 teaspoon McCormick hot Mexican style chili powder
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Ortega taco seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) canoriginal Rotel tomatoes & chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 cup taco bell taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon spice world minced garlic
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) packagegreat value fiesta Mexican blend cheese (Wal-Mart)
- 1 (5 7/8 ounce) packageortega yellow taco shells
- 1 (1 ounce) carton sour cream (optional)
- Combine ground meat, taco sauce, chili powder, taco seasoning, minced garlic, Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, and onion over medium heat and cook until onions are clear and seasonings are well incorporated into the mixture (about 30 minutes stirring moderately).
- Prepare lettuce by slicing head top to bottom in 1/4- 1/2 inch slices, then cross cutting (as needed).
- When meat is done and lettuce and tomatoes are prepared, heat taco shells in preheated 300 degree oven for 5-7 minutes; then fill taco shells with 2 Tbs taco meat, lettuce and tomato as desired, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Some like to add a dab of sour cream.