Recipe by La Marz
My mom used to make this ones, when we didn't have enough meat to feed a family of 7. But since we always had a pot of beans, these were our life-savers, sometimes. Simple and delicious.
Top Review by KlynnPadilla
I cut the recipe in half since it is just my bf and I; big mistake, I didn't get any! I added some garlic and salsa to the beans before filling the tacos. The only problem I had was that the bottoms of almost all of them broke, but that was surely user error! lol Next time, I will make 16!
- 4 cups refried beans
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 cup Cotija cheese (crumbled)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups salsa, bandera (Salsa Bandera)
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Put enough oil in a large skillet and heat on medium.
- In the meantime, warm the tortillas using a washcloth to wrap them and nuke them for 20 seconds.
- When tortillas are soft and pliable, put 2-3 tbsp of the refried beans in the center, and fold them without breaking the botom of the tortilla.
- When the oil is hot enough, fry the tacos in batches, to the desired browness, and drain over a paper towel.
- Serve hot, with all the garnishes mentioned.