Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
You can use just about any flavor of leftover mashed potatoes for these babies! The garnishes are given only as suggestions as the tacos are perfectly delicious all on their own! Use mini-tortilla or tostada shells for a fun appetizer offering. What are you waiting for? PS>Kids love tacos de papas!
- 5 -6 cups leftover mashed potatoes, heated (garlic flavored spuds are particularily good)
- 1 dozen corn tortillas or 1 dozen flour tortilla
- sour cream
- black olives
- lime wedge
- minced jalapeno
- white onion, minced
- Steam or fry the tortillas.
- Divide the mashed potatoes onto each tortilla and garnish each taco with your favorite toppings.
- Servings and yield are estimated.
- For Vegan, omit the cheese and the sour cream. (Now there's an argument-inducing sentence if there ever were one -- ).
I always make these and kids love them. I usually add a bit of cheese to smashed potatoes, stuff corn toritilla, roll it up and fry to crisp. Then I serve with Mexican Crema and Queso Fresco to make it even more delish. Always a hit.
I seriously thought i was the only person in the world eating these!!! i love, love, love'um. i usually just warm the (damp w/ water) corn tortilia in micro for a few secs then fill with the potatoes, seal with a toothpick and deep fry until golden, open lightly and stuff with my fave, cheese and salsa!!! great recipe, and so simple. thanks for posting it cookgirl!
Whoops! A word is missing from my review . . . we didn't used cubed shredded manchego! We used cubed tempeh fried, etc. thanks!