Recipe by Amis
This is a great fish dish that even my fish hater of a husband likes. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
Top Review by private selection
These were very good! The flavor profile is incredible! Gotta hand it to those marinated oninions! I used a combination of red wine and balsamic vinegars. I also used a boxed beer batter for the tilapia to save time.
- 226.79 g fish fillet, cut lengthwise into strips
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, separated
- oil, necessary (for frying)
- corn tortillas or flour tortilla, warmed to soften
For the garnish
- shredded cabbage, lightly dressed with
- your favorite coleslaw dressing
- raw onion rings, marinated in
- vinegar, with
- 0.25 ml oregano
sauces such as
- thin tomato-free guacamole
- salsa, such as red, green
- pico de gallo
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat the fish filet strips dry with paper towels.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, vegetable oil and egg yolks to form a batter.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold into the mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil with a depth of no more than 1 inch.
- Dip each fish strip in the batter, fry quickly on one side, turning to fry the other until golden brown. This should only take a couple of minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Arrange pieces of fish in softened tortillas and serve at once, accompanied by the shredded cabbage, marinated onions, guacamole sauce, and a selection of salsas.