This is a great fish dish that even my fish hater of a husband likes. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fish fillet, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, separated
- oil, necessary (for frying)
- corn tortillas or flour tortilla, warmed to soften
For the garnish
- shredded cabbage, lightly dressed with
- your favorite coleslaw dressing
- raw onion rings, marinated in
- vinegar, with
- 1 pinch oregano
sauces such as
- 1Pat the fish filet strips dry with paper towels.
- 2Mix the flour, salt, pepper, vegetable oil and egg yolks to form a batter.
- 3Beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold into the mixture.
- 4In a large skillet, heat oil with a depth of no more than 1 inch.
- 5Dip each fish strip in the batter, fry quickly on one side, turning to fry the other until golden brown. This should only take a couple of minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- 6Arrange pieces of fish in softened tortillas and serve at once, accompanied by the shredded cabbage, marinated onions, guacamole sauce, and a selection of salsas.
Browse Our Top Baja Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Baja Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tacos De Pescado (Baja Style Fish Taco)
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 441.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 12.8 g