Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love Tacos Pescado, but I'm not a fan of the Baja Style. I love the breaded and fried fish, but I just can't embrace having it served in tortillas with cole slaw. I found this style of Tacos Pescado while eating at J. Anthony's Seafood Cafe in San Antonio, TX. I've duplicated and improved the style somewhat.
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon goya adobo seasoning, with cumin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Season fillets with juice from the lime and Adobo.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Sautee fillets until cooked through, approx 4 min each side.
- Warm tortillas in a seperate skillet.
- Build tacos with fish, slice of Avacodo and spoonful of Pico de Gallo.